Wednesday, January 2, 2019

What a mess!

Taking down Christmas makes such a mess!
Well, putting it up does too! 
My great room is a disaster.
So far, I've taken down both of the trees,
and purged ornaments.
The artificial trees and unwanted decor will go off to the Thrift store
before too long where I hope they will find new homes.
I can't blame Christmas for the mess in the studio though.
Darn it!
I have at least one more day of taking stuff down
then I'll really get down to cleaning.
(It's next to impossible to dust while everything is out.)
Some stitching is being done, 
and I am enjoying my new Paperwhite Kindle.
So much easier on the eyes than the Fire.

3 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I agree. I hate taking Christmas down. I hate the mess! But am so glad when it's done and things are back to normal. SO glad! I find myself putting up fewer and fewer decorations every year.

a good yarn said...

I kept the decorating simple this year so that the packing away was manageable. I bought my Dad a paperwite Kindle and he loves it too.

Janice said...

I know how you feel. It took me well over a week to set everything up this year. I just couldn’t get enthused. It was lovely when done, though. We always try to have everything away before New Year. Mick did the outside and I did the inside. Mick may have suggested that I don’t need to buy any more decorations. I think 7 tubs, 4 trees plus a few bags is quite enough. That doesn’t include the outside lights. It was a pain to pack up, but felt so good once done. It always looks so bare when everything has been put away.