Friday, January 11, 2019

Quilting catchup


I don't think I've even talked about this project!
I've been putting blocks together for quite a while now-some as leaders and enders.
All the blocks are finished now-
Well---
that's what I thought.
When I began laying it out though 
the blocks that form the legs of the "X' have to go in two different directions.
So I have some un-sewing to do! 
About 22 more blocks have to be changed.
I think I'll leave the place for them empty until I'm sure of that number.

Otherwise, 
the Granny is 1/4 quilted.
I can only work at that about an hour before my shoulders begin to ache, 
so it's a slow go.

I've been cutting scraps and cutting scraps and cutting scraps!
Are they rabbits?
Do they multiply in the scrap bin?
I think I'm making headway but I'm never sure!

Snow is falling outside.
Winder storm advisory-roads are likely getting bad.
4-6 inches of heavy wet snow-really good for snowmen!
Not so good for travelers.
There's a football playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium tomorrow-
that should be interesting!
There's a planned party for Ryan's birthday on Sunday
Columbia is to get even more snow.
Wonder if that will happen?

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Not much fun when it comes to un-sewing but needs must. It’s an interesting pattern. I’ve been working in my EPP and take it slowly as my back, shoulder and arm aches after a while. Don’t talk to me about scraps. They are the Magic Pudding of the Patchwork world. Sitting here in 38 degC heat, snow sounds like a nice idea but I don’t think of it disrupting normal life. Even in these temps we can still get around but heavy snow would keep you indoors I imagine.

Janice said...

Winter is certainly setting in. Your quilt ev n suits the season.