Thursday, January 10, 2019

Of succulents and cacti

 This is the winter home of my succulent collection.
(Seems to be growing, yikes)
In the summer they go out on the shady side of the house, 
they always grow like crazy outside so I'm guessing they like it!
They seem to like it in this east facing window too!
Otherwise would this happen?

Christmas Cactus
Well, that's what the label said!
I called this one the Halloween Cactus as that's when it bloomed.
Now it's blooming again!
I've never had one of these bloom twice in one winter!
This is not the only one blooming again!


Again, the label said Christmas Cactus.
The one on the right bloomed at Thanksgiving and into December.
Now, it is loaded with buds.
Several of the others have buds as well.
I'm always happy to see flowers blooming in the winter.
These are so easy,
 water them once a week
maybe throw some plant food in the water once in a while.
Easy Peasy.

On a side note.  I think I have the issues with commenting fixed.  I had to add my gmail  address as another author! Only took me hours of asking Google questions before I finally asked the right one! Apparently, my excite addy was OpenID and no longer supported.  Really I wish they'd take into consideration that most of us are not Computer programers! Now to figure out how to get rid of I AM NOT A ROBOT! May be a challenge.


2 comments:

a good yarn said...

That's a lovely collection of green you have there and multiple blooms is a real bonus.They obviously like those spots and you give them just the right amount of care.

Janice said...

They look good collected there together. Ours moved into the laundry and a couple of others lived in the bath. Otherwise they would be well and truly frosted. They are happy outside at the moment.