Saturday, January 12, 2019

Snow!


The big news around here today is SNOW!
Deep, wet snow.
I took all these photos this morning and I have about 2 more inches on top of this.
I measured the snow on my patio table just now 9 inches!
I think they are still saying we might get more.


This is the second BIG snow of the season.
It's wet which makes it great for snowmen, snow forts and snowball fights!
That's also why it is stuck on all the trees like it is.
Also, there's been no real wind to blow it off.


The temperature is sitting right at freezing so it isn't miserable when you go out, 
and the roads are wet but clear.
My driveway is another matter!
I did get out and shovel a little-
Quinn needed a path to get around some, 
when she went off the path she got big snowballs stuck to the feathers on her feet!


Tomorrow's birthday party for Ryan has been postponed as Columbia got
even more snow-Scott said 20 inches!
Ryan was loving playing in it and Scott was grateful he had snow pants.


So tomorrow I guess I'll be out with the shovel, at least enough to get the truck out.
Mostly, I'll just sit inside and enjoy looking at it!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

It looks so pretty and cold. Cold. Just saying the word makes me need it all the more! Lovely images of a white winter.

Janice said...

That is so pretty. We get a very rare snowfall here, but nothing like that. Thanks for sharing.