Monday, January 11, 2016

Quilting progress.

This is supposed to be a design wall Monday but my design wall is covered with fabric pinned up on it waiting to be cut.  Once ironed I really don't want  to fold things I'm going to use pretty soon as then I'd have to press them again, sigh.  It's a vicious circle.

Things hanging up include the sashing/ border/ binding fabric for the smallish sewing quilt-both have more sewing things buttons and thimbles mainly.  One black piece, one tan piece.  The orange and red for a English Paper Pieced wall hanging for my oldest son.  Several new blue fat quarters to have four little blocks cut from them and several new neutral fat quarters which might need to be cut into strips for a log cabin UFO.

The fairy quilt is sandwiched-man do I hate doing that!  Although, I may need to re-pin part of it.  Ready for machine quilting once I get some thread.  The sewing quilt has all the blocks assembled.    The little blue 1 1/2 inch squares are sewn into 4 patches, waiting the new blues.  That about covers it.

I also spent part of the day on clean up-naturally there's more to do!  I got lazy during untime so now I'm paying!

I've been sneezing and blowing my nose, I hope that's not a sign of things to come!

No comments: