Monday, January 18, 2016

Design Wall Monday

On My Design Wall Today.

Blocks for the sewing quilt.
I decided I didn't like having all the same color blocks together so I did this instead.
I'm still fiddling with the red/pink blocks.
I was afraid that the tannish fabric would be too dark but I like the way everything has been toned down.  
I should have all the sashing/border blocks up by this evening, I hope.



Too big really for the design wall.


Close up of a block with complete sashing.

The big boys are here for the holiday, playing with their iPods in the basement.
Not much housework will get done!

After dinner it's back to the stocking.  I'm a little pumped about it today as Kolby LOVES it! 

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

liking the look of this one...........I have some nine patches from a swap that I need to make into a quilt..........no decisions yet.........

a good yarn said...

Just the encouragement you needed to finish the stocking. It was always be very special to Kolby to have such a special piece made by his Grandma (Nana?). You're quite the dark horse - that's a lot of quilt there. It's looking good and the contrast works well.