Monday, June 1, 2020

What to do in June!

I'll begin with the garden/yard stuff which has some priority to it as the hot is arriving this week!  First, I'm going to install the remaining raised beds and get them planted this week. This will require a trip to the lumber store for screws and 3 more pickets, of course.  Then, I'm off to fix this mess.
 The ground has settled around the foundation so it's lower than the yard which means water could get in the basement-NOT good.  I'll raised the splash block, fix the hose hanger, divide the area from the main yard for ease of mowing, since I'm making a trip to the lumber place I'll pick up some pavers as well, and plant some flowers in there.  Sounds like a lot but I think it will go pretty quickly.

After that I'm going to take out the boxwoods on either side of the round spruce tree/bush.  You can barely see where the two meet and I think I will like it better opened up.  Again, something that will go quickly as I'm just sawing them off and leaving the stumps for a bit.

 After that it's the pesky walls!  One here and the lower part leveled.  I think it might take a bit of work to get it done.

 I want to replace that log with  timbers and add a bit of dirt there.  Plus that bed needs weeded, again.

For something different, I want to attempt to replace the fabric on this patio chair
 which also needs painting, if it works I'll replace the fabric and paint all the chairs on the patio at some point over the summer.  If it doesn't work, well I've not lost anything as the chair is useless as it is.  Since that's sort of stitching,  the goals there are much the same.  The hashtag blocks, the big blocks, the flipflop blocks, 31 rows added to the red, orange and black secret squirrel, and Ryan's stocking finished.Anything more is gravy.

Here's something to look at that doesn't need anything done to it!  I enjoyed my coffee out there this morning!


Blogger is doing weird things to the finished post!  I have no idea what it's going to look like until I publish it!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Quite a list Gail - good luck. xx

a good yarn said...

That's a lovely spot for breakfast or coffee. Gardening is never ending. I'm already planning some changes to mine some spring. I'll definitely be planting mop head hydrangeas out the front.