Saturday, June 20, 2020

Friday Night with Friends

Thanks to Wendy there is another Friday night to sew with the international girls!
As usual I stitched on both Thursday and Friday evenings-cause, time zones.
On Thursday I worked at back-stitching on this


I had to change to the top of the chart!
Another few days and the backstitching will be finished,
then it will be just his name and the beads.
I confess, I cannot make a French knot.
Well, I CAN but it won't stay.
So, long ago I began using seed beads instead.
I heard about a different knot which I'm going to try but not on stockings.

Then, Friday I worked on that math mosaic-sorry no photos.
Progress, I suppose.
I'm beginning to think I should have done this as a cross-stitch piece.

Earlier in the week I finished with these

This months flipflop blocks and 


A pink placemat.  
Well in real life it's pink!

Since I finished all those outside projects I'm sort at loose ends.
No focus, 
probably because I don't have any more big projects!
I'll get back with it soon!



6 comments:

Maria said...

The backstitch on the stocking does look great and you've make lots of pink flip flops.
I often find photos don't always show true colour..

Sharon Kwilter said...

Those are nice projects. I like the stitchery very much.

jude's page said...

Your stitching is amazing, you must have a lot of patience. Well done.

a good yarn said...

French knots evade me as well. I used to substitute a candlewick knot. Gorgeous cross-stitch. A real heirloom piece. Good progress on your quilt blocks.

Raewyn said...

The stocking is going to be so gorgeous when done - it looks fabulous now and the seed beads will finish it off beautifully! Great looking pink blocks too - they must have put a dent in your stash.

Lin said...

Your Friday nights look to have been very profitable - great work on your back stitching and the pink. I love French knots, dont seem to have a problem with them - it helps if you are working in a frame - then you can use both hands. I also love colonial knots. xx