Sunday, June 28, 2020

Still without focus

 I'm not accomplishing much at the moment as I've lost all focus!  I was so focused on the garden jobs that once they were completed I am lost.  Oh, I worked some on stitching, Ryan's sock in particular.  Mostly I'm getting the house back in shape.  Cleaning just doesn't thrill me!  I had, I'm afraid really let things go while I was working in the garden and it's taking more time than usual to get back where I like to be.

The veggie garden has some green beans showing on the plants, some cherry tomatoes, and now the squash have blossoms.  I think I'll pick some of those and try frying them.

The flower pots will need a trim next week but the purslane is looking really nice at the moment.
 There are three tiny hostas in that garden -one is called mouse's ears, and one tiny tim I think.  They bloom purple while all the other have white blooms.

The weather has turned really hot again, and humid.  At 6 pm CDST it is 88F/31C with a heat index of 94F/34C.  The heat index is calculated by using the actual temperature and the relative humidity I just figure the weather guessers at the local TV station know how or the National Weather Service.
We are sure to have a Heat Advisory again this next week. (I looked up how a Heat Advisory is issued:  here's what the National Weather Service says:  a Heat Advisory is issued within 12 hours of the onset of a heat index between 105F/41C and 115F/46C for no less that 3 hours a day or when nighttime lows are above 80F/27C for two days.) We did have about an inch of rain this week, which we needed.  Could actually use more.  Missouri is such a weird place weather wise-last year we had flood warnings from March through September this year it's horrid dry.

I'm heading out in my camper this Friday.  I try to leave home over the 4th as Quinn goes quite insane with the fireworks, thus making me insane!  We'll be back on Monday.  I have some projects to do in the trailer while I'm gone.  I need to go our for a week and just work on the remodel!  First, I need to quit adding new things to do!

Covid cases are on the rise again, not surprising as no one wants to wear masks.  The mayor of Kansas City has required masks in all public places (even the Zoo requires them in some areas.)  I don't live in KC but I expect my county to follow along soon.  They are hoping to stall the rise so they don't have to shut everything down again.  I knew it wasn't over with they started letting things reopen!  I'll still be a hermit at Christmas at this rate!


3 comments:

jude's page said...

Your gardening efforts are looking good, and I agree with you re the housework thing. Very overrated. Don't beat yourself up over losing focus. In time it will come back, and enjoy your time away.

a good yarn said...

Those tiny hostas are so cute. I didn't realise what flowers they have. That humid weather is awful. Heat is bad enough but heat **and** humidity - pass. It's lovely and cold here, not that everyone is a fan but I love wearing scarves and gloves and coats. I'm sure some time away from home on the road will sharpen your focus on return. A change of scenery gives you a chance to leave the list behind for a few days.

Lin said...

Pretty garden pictures Gail. Enjoy yur weekend away and come back refreshed and ready to go! xx