Sunday, May 31, 2020

How did I do?



Does anyone remember when my garage looked like this?  So lovely, sigh.
  
                  Well, Now it looks like this.  Okay, I've cleaned up a bit but it's still a disaster!
Oh, well that's what happens when I do stuff involving saws, drills, and screws. 

From my yard and garden list I finished and installed 4 raised beds in my garden and have the other 4 ready to assemble, fixed a crooked board in the fence, and (not on the list added 2 new hosta plants and moved two.)  What didn't I get done?  I didn't finish digging out the gate area and building a small wall there didn't happen either, and I didn't get the wall built at the end of the hostas.  

In the house, I did build and install some new shelves in the basement for food and misc. storage. Moved the studio around and cleaned up the mess I made! Yeah, me!  I did not get the bathroom floor finished-I'm putting this one off for a while, I 'm not happy with my tile job so I don't want to finish it.  Will think on what I would like in there.  Not on the list:  moving the desk stuff back to the office and organizing up there.

 In stitching, I finished the hash tags, actually I made more than usual.  I've been making 10 each month and a light bulb went off when I realized that 100 6" blocks would leave me with a 66" square quilt - I don't like square-I decided to make whatever fabric I came up with.  Once these are cut they go really fast chain piecing.

The big blocks are finished.  When we did Light green for RSC I made a bunch of little 1 1/2" four patches before I found the leftover blocks so this time I did some light, bright and dark greens.  I didn't get the flip flop blocks finished yet but I will this week while I cut pink.

  I did complete the next segment of the red and Black Squirrel project and I did begin the backstitching on Ryan's Stocking.

 I didn't get any other stitching finished.

Cooking wise I made this shrimp and veggie pasta dish from a Cooking for Two book.  I ate it for three meals! I also tried a Chicken Curry from that book which was tasty but bland.  they were both good and I will make them again. I will adjust the spices in the curry. I made Raisin Bread, Cinnamon Rolls and Japanese Milk bread in Sourdough versions that I liked and sourdough waffles that I didn't like.  So I more than covered my goal of two new recipes!
I din't get any non-fiction books finished although I did read a bit in one.  

All in all I did quite a bit but I found that I didn't much like the pressure I put on myself. Plus, lots of things fell through the cracks and that just can't happen for me to be happy.
Will definitely have a goal list for next month but I think it'll be less ambitious.  I want to take time to just enjoy sitting on my patio reading and looking at my flowers among other things.





1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Doesn't everyone's garage look like this? Mine sure does. Your blocks are coming along nicely. I've been saving recipes that make one or two portions. The last one I tried was an eggplant parmagiana. It was delicious but it made four serves so I froze a some.Handy for a quick meal when I get home late from work.