Sunday, May 3, 2020

Goals for May

Maybe not as ambitious as April!  I always seem to try for too many things and add things as I go along!

Stitching:

Rainbow scrap challenge- dark green:  10 hash tag blocks, 7 big blocks, however many flip flop blocks (placemat, hot pad or trivet blocks) as there are green four patches and tumblers ( I used all the green ones when we last did green, but I forgot to add the blue tumblers and I have a whole tub of those.  Again, it's however many come from the 3/4" strips.

Cross-Stitch:  finish Ryans stocking!  So that I can begin Izzy's in June!

Civil war:  Again, I'm going for two rows assembled and combined.  It will take more effort as I have to make the nine-patches this time.

English Paper Piecing:  Continue Hexie basting and assembling 12-15 flowers

Secret Squirrel:   Finish the bottom segment and sew them all together.

Cut: Scraps and Flannels-  My cutting table is a disaster!

Non-stitching:

Read 1 non-fiction book

Finish the bath floor, trim and touch up paint

Try 2 new recipes- I've already made a Challah bread recipe converted to Sourdough-a very nice bread.

Move the Blog-this involves finally figuring out Word Press-thinking I'll just set aside an afternoon and just do it.  Maybe one where rain is forecast.

Finish the raised beds, fill them and plant veggies etc.

Dig approach to the gate to the back yard so the it will open and I can drive the truck back to unload dirt, etc.  Really DO NOT want to schlep what seems like hundreds of bags of dirt.  It will need a small retaining wall built as well.

Put the extra dirt from the gate along the side of the house and add enough more to slope it away from the house.

Build storage shelves in the little storage space in the basement.

Fix the fence- a few boards have warped and need flipped and screwed down.

There are two more that if I get to them great if I don't June is fine: 1. Put pavers in the muddy spots  so Quinn will be out of the mud.  There's no hope for grass in these spots! She really creates work for me!  She's worth it though!
2.  Pull grass from the fence.

Twenty-eight days, I'll be busy.

I'm going to spend today in the studio, cleaning and sewing.  My knee is being quite loud about how much heavy stuff I've been doing so I'll rest it today.  After all Sunday is a day of rest!


3 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I admire your goal setting! I am a big goal setter also but I have been setting weekly and there are too many so I think monthly would be better. You're inspiring!

Sam I Am...... said...

P.S. I love the quote on your header and I am your neighbor.....right across the border in Arkansas....north central!

a good yarn said...

That's a good plan to have with plenty of variety and room for flexibility. I love seeing the progress on your cross stitches.