Friday, May 1, 2020

April Goal results-Not Stitching

First off on the list was to try two new recipes- only did one truly new one. Chocolate sourdough cake. I did make both white bread and raisin bread from recipes adapted for sourdough, both were excellent.
OOPS, forgot a progress report on a biggie!  I did not finish the bathroom floor and trim, sigh.


Next on the list was the repurposing of the Victrola Cabinet (which once belonged to my Mother's Grandparents).  I used legs from a side table that needed refinishing (not going to happen.)  It was tricky as the bottom of the cabinet isn't level-one of the legs is wonky and at some point it may bother me enough to attempt fixing it.  Right now though it is sturdy and holds my coffee paraphernalia, looks nice and freed up a huge amount of counter space.


Organize the workbench.  Yay, Done!  It'll never be perfect and at the moment I'm using it nearly every day.

 Hang the broom/ mop holder--Done!

 Fence off the Hosta garden.  It required weeding first and it's been quite muddy but it is done.  This is an attempt to keep Miss Quinn from having a nap in there and digging roots up.  I know she can jump it but so far that has not been attempted-WIN!

This is the big extra.  Another keep Miss Quinn out of the mud and let the grass grow back project.  It also defines my patio space nicely and will be very pretty once the flowers have grown more.  I did have to spend some time out there this week as the top rail kept blowing off-smashing plants.  12 Inch bolts, nuts and washers where purchased and using a very long drill bit installed to fasten the top rails to the bottom and I added an extra cement block to this one.  It is quite windy today but so far there has been no catastrophe!


All the flowers are planted or potted,

 Build the raised beds for veggies.  Sadly, this one isn't finished yet.  I ordered a lovely raised bed garden which has not arrived and I can't wait any longer to get the veggies in.  So this weekend I'm building one or maybe two.  Hopefully, they will be done before Sunday as it's to rain again.

Also in the not finished area:  read 2 non-fiction books, read lots of fiction though, Finish setting up Word Press and moving the blog-Nope, and Work on windows for the doll house.

Some of this not finished was because of the weather, some to extra sewing and some to the Hermiting blues.  Oh, well.  I still finished quite a few things and May is here!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Looks like you’ve been keeping busy. The little cabinet turned out well and great use of it. I have a antique cupboard that I want to use in the sewing room when it’s refurbished. I’d like to paint it but we’ll see. My med/large cutting mat fits on top nicely and fabric can be stored underneath. I bet your raisin bread tastes delicious. I’ve got the homemade, you’ve got the bread and coffee. Now if only it wasn’t such a long bus ride from my place to yours . . .

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you got a lot done to me.