Sunday, April 26, 2020

This week


It seems I spent a lot of time in the yard.  Truthfully, it was just a bit of time here and there between rainstorms.

First, I put up these Quinn barricades.  She runs from one side of the yard to the other barking at stuff.  Cars, people, dogs and so on.  She gets lots of exercise that way BUT when it's wet she makes a muddy pathway really fast!  Then she makes herself a muddy mess.  These force her to go different ways  although she'll have pathways very soon on the new route.  I decided I wanted them to be pretty so I put these


 deck planters on the top rail.  I had to screw them down to keep them on.  I am just popping the pot and all in the planter.  Mostly they are 10" hanging plants, I just removed the hangers.  This time of the year you can find them quite reasonable in price.  I still need 5 more. There is one more deck planter to go on but it is full of succulents and it's still a bit early for them to be outside full time.  The plants on the table are from my office upstairs.  They are being hardened off and will soon be outside full time until fall.


One other garden project involving Quinn was finished!

The Hosta garden has been weeded and a small fence now surrounds it.  Quinn likes to get in there and lay on the dirt which would be fine except she digs a bit and disturbs the roots of the Hostas.  She hasn't yet jumped the fence, I know she could and probably will when I am inside weeding.

I hung the broom rack yesterday, I love not having the tangled mess in the garage. I have made progress on a couple of other projects and they will soon be finished.   Saying that I know that I will not make all of my goals for this month, too many extras.                                                                                                                                                       I did manage some stitching as well this week but nothing is ready to see.  All the four patches for the flipflop blocks are sewn and nearly all are trimmed and ready to go.                                          I haven't felt much like being in the studio this week and had a few days where the Hermit blues were felt.  The current end of the STAY HOME order is May 15/16 but things will be slowly opened in stages.  I really want a hamburger and fries!  The impact from this will be felt for a very long time.
Well, time to bring the plants in and head to the studio.  It's ZOOM night!

2 comments:

Lin said...

You have been busy in your garden. The deck planters look great, what a good idea. Will be lovely when the plants grow. Stay safe and well. xx

a good yarn said...

That's a clever idea for the fence and planters. Quinn is a sweetie but mud in her long fur an on paws is a no go. Hostas are lovely. I'm fortunate to a) still be employed; and b) have to go to work. Gets me out of the house. I do miss my coffee catch-ups with friends. Hang in there Gail. Just think how good that first burger and fries will taste when you finally get to have one.