Saturday, April 18, 2020

Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) with Wendy and Company

 I joined Wendy for Friday Night Sew In for the first time this week.  I'm down in the studio sewing every night and sometimes in the day too! As with Friday Night with Friends I am reporting on both Thursday and Friday-cause of the international dateline!  Anyway,
I made these seven blocks that I call the Big Blocks (there is no rhyme nor reason for that name!) Finished 5 on Thursday and the rest on Friday.




Then I went on to work on this.
A secret squirrel, so you only get a glimmer!  I added 20 rows of 10 last night.  That doesn't seem like so much but they are 1 1/4 inch blocks to begin and 3/4 inch finished.  This is supposed to be a wall hanging but it's going to need a REALLY large wall!



Isolation has been difficult this past week.  I was a bit surprised by that as it isn't really all that different from my normal life.  I decided it was the fear factor that this isolation carries with it.
That and I really need to make a trip to the lumber yard for garden things and to the plant nursery for; yes, you guessed it, plants, and the grocery store for some things that I'm running pretty low on.  I haven't been away from home (except to get mower gas and to mail the facemasks) in five weeks. Plus, the temperature decided to return to winter!  North of me had measurable snow!  I just had rain.

Our STAY HOME order has been extended through May 15.  It may be extended beyond that depending on the number of new cases, apparently they are expecting a spike the end of April.  Guess I should run errands this week-I will wear my face mask and rubber gloves.  I am being VERY careful and think many of the precautions will stay with me for a very long time.

The family has continued Zoom chats on Sunday and nightly text checkins.  Plus, I've Face Timed with Ryan and Izzie a couple of times.  Reading stories to them and just chatting.  Izzie learned to go down the stairs this past week and Scott is not too happy about that!  Plus, she loves Face Time and wants to have the phone or Kindle Kids to hold and carry around.  Ryan has finally decided that playing alone is fun,  Scott says he never knows where either of them is and it's making him crazy!  I think I miss hugs the most.

Stay Well, Stay Safe, Stay Home!  Blessed Be.


7 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I like that little touch of red in your blue blocks. It really breaks it up nicely.

Maria said...

Pleased you joined in for FNSi... You managed to do quiet a lot on both your projects..
good to keep busy with your sewing and nice to be able to chat through the internet with your family while in isolation..

a good yarn said...

You're sewing up a storm. It' such a strange thing this Stay-At-Home. We are so used to having the freedom to go out whenever we want to. I've been working from home which I don't enjoy but very grateful to still have employment. It's good that you can keep in touch with your family. Think of all the hugs you'll be able to catch up on when the time comes. It'll be hard to let go!

Lin said...

Good to have you along Gail. I love your blue blocks and the black and red is intriguing! Stay safe and well. xx

Susie H said...

Love your blocks and would've loved a better peek at that squirrel! Lol! Don't let the media build any more fear than necessary. Mind over matter and let common sense prevail. Of course it truly is the hugs we miss ...

Susan said...

Oh my gosh - that black & red quilt is gong to be amazing with such tiny squares and being big...looking forward to seeing it.
I think out modern technology is a bit of a saviour in terms of keeping in touch...imagine if we only had a "normal" phone.

Raewyn said...

Hi Gail, I keep imagining the biggest hugs ever when we come out of lockdown! How lucky we are to have technology to keep in touch. Your big blocks look good and the Squirrel project is very intriguing! Hope you managed to get the necessary supplies. (Belated FNSI visit!)