Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Let there be light!

 Three years ago I had cataract surgery on both eyes, I even sprung for multi-focal implants. My eyes are MUCH improved BUT there are times when I just need more light than I used to.
 This is one of them.  My studio seems bright but it isn't, or at least not bright enough.  The worst of it was trying to thread a needle on the machine-especially with black thread.  So I went looking for more light-keep in mind I have an OTT light and a smaller lamp on each machine- I didn't want another lamp.  They get in the way and still don't light the machine well.  I ended up ordering two of these.

LED lights that stick on the machine and you can cut to length.  I installed one on Jilly the Janome this evening in just a few minutes.
This is what I got.  I haven't tried a black thread yet but it seemed much easier to sew tonight.  I still need to add overhead lights to the studio but I haven't found ones I like yet.
Ah, the trials of growing older.

4 comments:

a good yarn said...

That’s a brilliant idea! I need to do that on my machine. The overhead light is quite soft and my current set up is facing a wall instead of the window when I’m in the sewing room. Clouds passed over the other day and it was dark. Clever you!

Maria said...

Works really well but don't you have a threaded on the machine ?

Raewyn said...

Oh yes, you cant beat good light. Hope the LED strips did the trick.

Lin said...

They look like a great idea. xx