Monday, October 31, 2016

Home!

I've really slacked off with the blogposts this past week, so sorry.

No pictures-who wants to see really flat pains nearly covered by oil wells, and associated equipment.

Big Springs Texas has a large refinery-which is sort of architecturally interesting but not beautiful.

Finally hit the green again!  And trees!

Spent part of a day with my Baylor college roomie, her husband and sister in Grand Prairie-lovely visit.  Gloria took me off to the library's book sale-I bought books!  Then we took Quinn off to a nice dog park, something she hadn't been able to do for a while.

Skipped driving though Dallas with Ceili by taking a state farm road out of Weatherford, it was a nice drive and brought me out almost at the Oklahoma state line.

Spent Friday night just outside of Oklahoma City at a really nice park, didn't unhook just got up the next morning and hit the highway again.  Usually, I'd go up Interstate highway 35 which turns into the Kansas Turnpike then into the southwest corner of the Kansas City metro.  This time I took the Oklahoma turnpike/Will Rogers turnpike into Missouri at Joplin and Interstate 49 North.  That one takes you into the Metro at the Interstate 470 loop east skipping a great deal of congestion!  Pulled into Oak Grove Missouri campground early enough that I got all set up before dark!

Yesterday was spent watching Kolby play soccer and catching up with the children.  I managed to sneak up on Brayden and Beth with hugs-Both big boys were glad to see me, it's really lovely when your children and grandchildren miss you!  Scott and Ryan came up from Columbia, Rob and Tanya make Baked potato soup for one and all.  It was great!

I missed apple season here but not the fall color!  Some trees have lost their leaves but the really pretty ones like hard maples have just begun to change! Grass is still mostly green.

I'm glad to be back!

Today, I have to start the process of finding a place to live!  First though I have to decided where and How I want to live!

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Well I've never seen am oil well so that would be interesting..... But it is very flat around my parts to.....
Goodluck house hunting.....

a good yarn said...

I didn't know you were a Baylor girl! That's the college Chip and Joanna Gaines attended. The football team is called the Bears from memory. How wonderful to catch up with the family. Big decisions ahead - the adventure continues!