Sunday, August 2, 2020

Finished "Big Blocks" for July
I really did not do well on the "I plan to do list" in July.
So bad that I only finished THREE things!
I have to say that the first two weeks I was very low,
feeling depressed by THE VIRUS, 
and the political scene in the US.
I finally came out of it when I just said enough-
it is what it is and you just have to deal.
So now I'm not stressing about much of anything.
The three finishes -
the blue Hashtag blocks-34 I think
what can I say, I have a LOT of blue.
then the big blocks above
and 
I finished Ryan's stocking completely
Friday evening while chatting with Chookyblue and 
Company via Zoom.
(These chats are so much fun!)
I also had this "tea" meal explained 
and
What a bacon sandwich is.
We are definitely people separated by the same language sometimes.
I did organize the refrigerator 
and make new ironing board covers 
but
they were not on the list!

We've had a week of RAIN-much needed-
and
much cooler weather 
67F/19C this morning when I drank my coffee on the patio.
It won't last,
in fact it's to hit 90F/32C by next weekend.
Another 6-8 weeks of heat, sigh.

I have a very ambitious "I want to do" list for August,
we'll see how well I do.

5 comments:

a good yarn said...

There is no better food than a bacon sarnie! Unless it's a bacon and egg roll. Our bacon is different to yours I think. Ours has the loin eye bit as well as the streaky tail. Not always eaten crisp. Egg has to be runny so it drips down your chin and the front of your shirt. Bread has to be white sandwich loaf. Lots of butter. Some Philistines have sauce - BBQ or tomato (like ketchup). Yuk! Not everyone calls it "tea". We didn't in our family. Always "dinner". Perhaps because the family is mostly Scottish but I'm not sure.

Lin said...

We are having a few cooler days too - back up to 38 at the end of the wek though. So tiring. Oh a bacon sarnie - yum. Love mine with brown sauce. Nice blue finishes for your collection. Chin up and keep sewing. xx

Maria said...

It's great visiting on our Zoom meetings... Pleased you learnt some of our Aussie sayings...
Good progress with the blue project.

jude's page said...

It is certainly a challenging year, and I can understand feeling down about the situation. Its easy to feel down, looking around the world, but there is always someone worse off isn't it. Thinking of you, glad we have our creative world to help pass the time. Love your blue blocks.Good to 'see' you at Chooky's party.

Chookyblue...... said...

pity parties sure are allowed.........but then enough like you say and move on .......it's becoming more regular now.....but have a bad day few days and pick up and move on...........
zoom sure is a great outlet.....we can link up no matter where we are....might go again this weekend as my plans are going to be cancelled due to rain......and I can't even have my neighbor over to sew if it rains like forecast......
i have loved my zoom days and last time I got soooooo much done and re inspired on that quilt.....hastag is looking good.....blue is the best colour you should know that.....lol..