Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday Check in

Wow, this is weird! 
I thought I'd already switched over to the new Blogger but this is way different.

On to my life.
This past week there was a lovely break in the heat.
In fact, 
there were two mornings where I wore a sweatshirt 
when I went out for coffee in the morning!
It was so nice that I spent one afternoon sitting on my patio reading.
I knew the hot was coming back 
so I just enjoyed the cool.
I didn't feel guilty at all!
The heat is back now,
I only had one cup of coffee outside this morning before the sun got me, sigh
There have been heat advisories for the past two days
so,
I've spent most of the time in the studio.
I wish I could say that I accomplished amazing things 
but
I didn't
I worked on the blue flipflop blocks (above) 
got them to the four patch stage
and the trimming up.
I hate that part but it does make things go together 
SO
much better.
I also got the purple hash tags worked on.
This is step two.
It would go so much faster if I just NOTICED when I was out of bobbin!
BEFORE I stitched so many.
Well, I thought I was stitching.

I also took the first stitches in Izzie's stocking.
They don't show up too well, white.
I have done a bit more since then.
I quit tonight when I realized I had a bit
to pick out.

Tomorrow, 
some housekeeping
and then I'll head down to the studio again.
I'd really like to get all the leftover blue finished.
Really, I'd like to have all the RSC finished so
I could work on something else.
Only two more months
Red and Yellow.
I'm thinking of working ahead there.
I'm quite bored with these blocks and would like to do something else.


4 comments:

a good yarn said...

Glad you had some relief from the heat. My sister is getting 36 degC in the UK. Apparently, there has even been a *bush* fire or whatever they call them over there. Hobart had a -14 deg C. Maybe the northern hemisphere is becoming the southern and vice a versa? You've made a good dent in your blocks and Izzie's stocking has commenced. Yay! I need to quilt my RSC2017 top. It's only 2020.

Lin said...

Haha - those bobbins always run out at the wrong time dont they! You have made good progress with your blocks though. I have a new great nephew so need to start thinking about a stocking for his first Christmas - may need to stock up on some new fabrics as I am running out of really nice ones. Its been in the high 30's here for nearly a week now and I do not like it! Bit of a storm passed through this morning but hardly any rain and it has been very muggy ever since. I think it will be Wednesday before things cool down. Need a good nights sleep - the fan helps but not a lot! Stay cool and well. xx

jude's page said...

It is interesting to read of you in the heat, while we are in the midst of winter, and trying to stay warm!! Glad you felt at ease to sit and read a book, it sounds like a great idea.

Maria said...

It's sew annoying when the bobbin runs out and we keep sewing !!!
Good start on the stocking..
Hope you enjoyed reading.