Sunday, August 30, 2020

Another week evaporated


One of my succulents is blooming!


It's a strange looking stem!
The plant below the large base is covered with tiny plants.
Last year it was a stem like the one holding up the flower.
I like succulents.
That said I don't have a good place for them in the house,
and many of them have died from too much water,
or to little sun, 
or overcrowding.
I don't plan to bring them inside this fall.  
Just the Christmas cacti  
and perhaps a few herbs.
I may change my mind and bring just this one in, 
First frost is a ways away yet.

I've done a little stitching this week.
This is the quilt known as "The Quilt that will not be finished"
It was finished and put on the bed about 9 months ago.


At our first Chookshed Quilting Bee Deena asked if anyone had ever found a mistake after the quilt was finished.
This is a mistake!
I only found it last month!
It is over the pillows and I don't plan to fix it!
Yes, I have found mistakes after something is quilted!
(If you can't see the mistake look at the white design.)



Then because I kept tripping over the corners,
dragging on the floor,
I did this


Took some off the corners.
You would think this wouldn't be such a big deal,
BUT
it took several afternoons.

I've also make a couple of nine patches for the hand pieced Civil War Sampler I've been working on for a long time.
And
a couple of hexie flowers.

Then there was much stitching on Izzy's stocking.
I'll post an updated photo of it on the 1st.

Not a bad week altogether.


 






 

4 comments:

Lin said...

We have a suculent called a House Leek - no idea why - it flowers in a similar sort of way but not every year. Yours is a much nicer flower though. I have several Christmas cacti - seems to be the only house plant I cant kill lol. I only have one outside though.
That mistake is really hard to spot and I still cant work out how it should be even though I can see the rest of the design on the quilt. Good idea to take those corners off - it is a big quilt.
Much cooler here at the moment although we are promised 30+ again next weeekend. At least we can sleep at night without the fan whirring. And we have had some much needed rain so maybe we will have green grass again soon. xx

a good yarn said...

For an evaporated week you seem to achieved a great deal. Once a quilt is finished if I've made a mistake and you can guarantee that I have, I leave. I'm not aiming for perfection. Your succulent is quite dramatic and how marvellous that it is covered in blooms.

jude's page said...

Lovely quilt, and I can't see a problem with it. Those corners look great, well done.

Chookyblue...... said...

bugger you made a mistake..........I suppose being on the pillows is a good spot as not as obvious as on the main part of the bed........I love my succulents.....