Sunday, July 26, 2020

Another week gone!

I've been keeping busy.
It's horrid HOT and HUMID
 so Quinn and I are staying in.
We are to get a break in the heat next week.
We'll be quite grateful!

I've been trying to find ONE thing that needed doing
and could be completed in no more than a week.
Last week it was the frig,
this week it was these


New ironing board covers.
The little one's cover came off and would NOT stay on!
The big one,
Well,
It never fit properly, 
was filthy 
and could have stood on it's own it was so stiff from starch!


So, both are clean.
It will take a bit for them to "Meld"  without wrinkling.
It's surprising how long it takes to make one of these,
I understand now why they've been on the list for so long.

Then there's this:

Ryan's stocking is stitched!
All the back stitching, 
all the beads!
All that's left is the red braid around the outside
and the hanging loop.

For this week I have a few more things in mind.
For today,
I simply MUST tidy and organize
my Studio.
It's a disaster, again.


3 comments:

a good yarn said...

Ryan's stocking looks fantastic! It's a real treasure. So beautiful. I hear you about ironing board covers. I've yet to find one that is a good fit and stays that way. I've never made them myself so maybe it's time to try. Sending you some cooling weather because we have plenty to spare.

Lin said...

Its amazing how satisfying a new ironing board cover can be isnt it? I added a new cover to my ironing board earlier this year - I never revove the old one so goodness knows how many there are on there but it is a nice surface to wok on. So far I have not managed to burn it or the new iron I got around the same time - fingers crossed and touching wood lol. xx

jude's page said...

Well done with the finish (almost) of the stocking, and great ironing board covers. Don't beat yourself up over the mess, as you can't be creative without making a mess. If it was tidy and neat, then you haven't been making anything! (My story and I'm sticking to it)