Sunday, February 3, 2019

Nashville!

Having loaded the truck and packed the day before
 I was on the road early Monday morning.
It's a bit over 600 miles from my house to Rob's
and that's a full days drive.
Quinn and I stop to walk about, eat, etc
pretty often.
It's winter and the polar vortex everyone has heard of was due to hit Kansas City soon.
The temperature was taking a dive but the big thing was the wind.
60-70 mile an hour gusts are no fun when you're driving!
I do have to say that this time they rather acted as a tail wind!
Not being blown all over the road-
NICE.
There are 5 Interstate highway changes between here and there
and two cities to go through -St Louis and Nashville.
Google Maps is a great help!
Of course, it is winter so it gets dark early, 
plus just at dark it began raining lightly.
Somewhere in the last two or three hours my phone went dead!
No more Google maps.
As if loosing Google maps wasn't enough
I only had Rob's new address entered in my phone!
(I carry an address book with all the phone numbers, addresses etc for just such cases but I had neglected to change the addy in it .)
Normally, a dead phone would be no problem as I keep a car charger in the truck.
BUT
my truck is loaded and I CAN"T FIND IT!
Once in Nashville, where I have never been before,
 I remembered that the new house was in or near Brentwood.
Out came the old fashioned way of navigating-a map! 
Which helped me find my way some and
when I came upon an exit for Brentwood, I took it!
Then I stopped and purchased a new car charger,
 and sat in the parking lot with the truck on
waiting for enough of a charge that I could turn the phone on.
Then Apple Maps took me the rest of the way in.
Whew.
What.
A.
Day!
Arrived about 8 pm tired and happy to have made it!

Their new house is very nice.
Tanya had been very stressed over the house,
as she had had only two days to look at houses in Nashville!
They had made an offer on it without Rob ever having seen it!
I have to say she did a great job!
It's big enough for them to be quite comfortable, 
has a large yard for Lola,
And, best of all, there is a public use area directly behind their house!
They get to look at trees and green Grass instead of more houses!

More on my visit tomorrow!
This is getting quite long!

No comments: