Thursday, February 14, 2019

Granny Finished!


I tried like crazy to get a decent picture of this!  
It is quite windy so this was captured on the downswing.
At any rate,
you saw it under construction,
It didn't change!
I even tried putting it on my bed.

It didn't do much better as far as photos go,
but it is nearly big enough for my queen size bed.
Took the last stitches on the binding last night,
then spent what seemed like HOURS
clipping threads.
Still, there were more after I washed it, sigh.

I did something this week,
I gave up lists.
To Do lists
Checklists
Planning lists
Well, mostly I gave them up.
I still track my weight and finances.
I still have the massive TO DO list 
for getting the house ready to sell.
I finally figured out that all these lists were really 
bringing me down.
Funny thing is~
I'm getting just as many things done!
No expectations.
No angst.
Love it!


4 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful bright finish......

Denice Barker said...

The quilt is beautiful, big and bright...and do you really have sunshine and no snow???

a good yarn said...

That’s a gorgeous quilt. You work those jewel tones very well. Getting rid of lists (bar the critical ones) is a liberating experience I found. Not only did I gain back all the time I spent compiling them but I am no longer constantly confronted by all the things I haven’t done.

Janice said...

The quilt looks so cheerful. Nice and bright for a dull winter. Good luck with your listless progress.