Tuesday, February 5, 2019

On the Way Home

Another Christmas cactus gone wild!  Just because we need flowers in the winter!
 I left Nashville about 9am
waiting until the morning rush was over.
It's enough to navigate all the lane changes and road changes without massive traffic.
This time of the year it's a pretty boring drive.
I think it will be very pretty in the Spring.
There was a pit stop in Clarksville.
Needed fuel both for the truck and for me.
Between Clarksville and Paducah there was a long line of stopped vehicles.
No idea why.
Anyway, on we drove.
Stopping occasionally for a walk etc.
Through Kentucky,
Illinois,
St Louis 
and Eastern Missouri
into Columbia where I'm spending the night with Scott.
I haven't seen Isabel for several weeks now, 
She's grown and is so alert.
She loves to be held and hates to be cold.
She started Day Care part time this week,
I wonder how that's going?


On Saturday, 
I went along to watch Ryan's swim class-
cause he wanted me to!
He likes class, especially jumping off the side.
Then,
Scott and I went off to Larry's Boots.
I wanted to buy Ryan a pair of cowboy boots as his birthday gift.
(He was born on Christmas-I like to spread it out.)
He loves boots.
Snow boots,
Rain boots,
whatever.
So I thought it would make a good present.
(I've bought them for the other boot lover, Ethan, for the past couple of years.)
It's an adventure taking a 4 year old boot shopping!
In the end,
After Granna and Dad finally got the right size and we agreed with
the fit he choose Flag boots.
He likes them!

After lunch I headed home.
the last two hours of the trip.
I was glad to stop moving but I kinda miss the variety of the trip!
My life has gotten so BORING the past two years and
I'm ready for that to end!


2 comments:

Janice said...

What a few days you have had. You must be exhausted after all that. We are the same as Texas - you would think the world is going to end when we get an inch or so of snow. We just aren't geared up for it like you are in your area. Stay warm now that you are back home.

a good yarn said...

Those boots are pretty flash! Such beautiful grand babies.