Thursday, September 3, 2020

September Goals


My favorite coffee mug! I try every day to follow that advice!

I didn't post August goals and while I did pretty well getting things done I think it helps to have it here.  I just always bite off more than I can chew when it comes to the "Want to do" list.

Anyway, for September:

Stitching Goals:
  Rainbow scrap challenge Hash tags, big blocks and flip flop blocks in red.
Cross-stitch:  Izzy's Stocking
Civil War hand piecing very old UFO: finish all the 9 patches for the sashing.  There are only 24 and I'm doing one a day so as long as I can keep that up I'm golden.
English Paper Piecing: Flower garden, a WISP-8 flowers finished
Paper Doll Quilt:  A new project (also for Izzy) 8 blocks complete
Small Project:A table runner.  I need something quick and finished!

Family History Goals:
Write Church for Baptismal dates
Work on the brick wall that is Phoebe
Work Newspapers and Ancestry Matches
Find out how to look for slave ancestors-as I have 1% African blood from an area that was prominent in the Slave Trade
Find out if there is any significance to Birth records where the Owner is listed instead of a Father.  (I am under no misguided notion that my white ancestors where any better than their contemporaries and I know several owned slaves.)
Most of these only require my writing a letter or email and waiting for an answer!

Blog every day.  Okay this one could be a problem!

House stuff;
Trim out the basement stairs
Replace the smoke alarms, add a CO alarm and replace the remote for my garage door opener-most of these will take nothing more than an internet search and order.
I had several Yard and Garden projects on the list but yesterday when I was out shopping and was all set to buy supplies I had second thoughts and decided to wait and see what 2021 brings.

Try some new recipes!
And in the same vein-make menus and stick to them!
Cooking for one person is difficult.

Go out in the trailer at least once.
I was set to go out with Beth & Co but Kolby has a soccer tourney so we canceled.  I'd have gone anyway but my spot was a back in and I need Lucas's help for that. (Actually, I need Lucas to do it!)

Finishing reading The Last Indian War , I've been reading it all year!  Just about 100 pages left!

There are always 15 minute projects:  They are nearly always the same.  Tidying the Studio,  and the garage
Drawing and lettering.

There are 4 ongoing 100 day challenges:
 Work out, drink 64 oz of water, Practice the piano and guitar and keep my house tidy.  So far so good but the piano will be tricky when I'm out in the trailer!

As always there is shopping-UGH! This year it will be mostly online.

It seems like a really long list but I think I can do it!

 

 

4 comments:

jude's page said...

All the best with that list, don't think I will put up my todo list anytime soon, always have more on it than I get done.

Lin said...

Good luck! It seems like an awfuly long list... xx

a good yarn said...

Plenty of activities on your list to keep you busy and focused.

dq said...

I enjoyed reading your goals. It is interesting to me that someone else's goals are interesting. I like that you have Family History on the list. It needs to be on mine because I think it is important.

I love your quote on the coffee mug!