Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Birthdays!


Yesterday was my birthday! 
My children had fun with it so I'm still smiling.
Let me say there are clues in the photos as to how old I am!
Can't say I feel the years.

First, on Saturday the bottle of Jameson's Irish Whiskey arrived by UPS.
From Scott and Bri.
I don't drink much alcohol (like maybe twice a month)
but when I do it's Irish whiskey mixed with Ginger Ale
about an hour after the whiskey arrived I got a text message from Scott saying I had a delivery at my door.
When I saw these 7-10 packs of ginger ale I just laughed and laughed!
Minis are just about the right size for one drink!
They also sent Hersey's kisses!



Then, Yesterday I received these lovely flowers.
With this little poem"
Just a hunch, 
this looks like a bunch
Count them and you will see
That there are only 70
Rob and Tanya

Apparently the florist called them because they couldn't find a big enough vase!
So, I have flowers in my bedroom and flowers in the living room.
I love carnations.

Then, Beth & Co arrived with shrimp dinner and birthday cake,
which we ate on my patio it was a beautiful night and
weighing all the options that seemed like the least risky!
They also gifted me with some cards to spend when I like.

Calls from Scott and Steve and families came as well.
The Birthday song sung!

All in all is was a really fun day, even in these days of social distancing.

And, yes, I'm 70!



8 comments:

Maria said...

Wishing you belated birday wishes and it looks like you were very spoilt.....nice !

Lin said...

Happy Birthday Gail - and a biggie! So glad your family celebarated it in style for you. xx

kiwikid said...

Happy birthday Gail, looks like you had a really fun day with the family.

dq said...

It sounds like you've had a wonderful birthday Gail! That is a lot of carnations!

The whiskey and ginger ale story made me smile! It seems they were so thoughtful!

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday and what lovely gifts to receive. That's enough ginger ale to sink the Bismarc! Such beautiful flowers too. Shrimp dinner sounded a bit of alright. What, no details about the flavour of the birthday cake?

jude's page said...

What great gifts, happy birthday, congratulations on the big 70!!

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG I am so behind........ massive happy belated birthday wishes.....how very thoughtful of the kids with all the parts to your deliveries.......and 70 flowers......lol.....
Congrats on your 70th birthday......

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday!! Your children did a fantastic job of making it a memorable one.