Sunday, July 19, 2020

Cherry Memories


It's cherry time!
Well, it has been for a few weeks.
I love cherries and they aren't grown commercially here so I have to wait on them to be shipped in.  Sigh.
When I was a teenager my parents built a second home in Estes Park, Colorado.
Man, I miss that place.
Anyway,
The summer between my Freshman and Sophomore years in college
-Baylor University then-
we spent the summer up there.
Cherries are grown in the foothills of the Rockies.
They must like the cooler weather cause they grown in Montana too.
(Not to mention, Washington State and Michigan and who knows where else.)
One day my Mother dropped my youngest brother, Bobby, and I
off at the trailhead for Twin Sisters.
So, this was back in the late 1960's 
and we didn't carry around refillable water bottles
 or those horrid plastic disposable ones 
and we began our trek with only a bag of bing cherries.
It's not a long hike but we got really thirsty!
Cherries gave us some liquid and we ate them with gusto.
We didn't make it to the fire lookout that day
and I've never tried it again.
I did lots of other hikes, just not that one.
I can never see a bowl of bing cherries without thinking of that day.
Memories.
Often go hand in hand with food.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

#STAYSAFE

Lin said...

Memories and food - so true! I will never forget the enormous black cherries I used to buy from the market when I lived in Rome. I would sit on the balcony in the sun stoning them - and getting into a very sticky mess! - before making the most delicious jam. I have never found any cherries so big and delicious although we do get some lovely ones here in France. When we first came we had a cherry tree in the garden so I was able to gorge on them but the trees dont last for ever and its stump is now a wild life haven. We did plant another tree but it has never been so prolific. xx

a good yarn said...

We grow cherries here in a place called Orange but we don't grow any oranges there. I love, love, love cherries and they are in season at Christmas for us so it's always a real treat to find big fat plump ones. My other favourite is mulberries.

jude's page said...

Cherries are good, and we have them around Christmas time. They grow mostly in the hills near our city, or further south where it's cooler in the summer. I agree that lots of memories also happen with food.