Saturday, July 18, 2020

Saturday's update

Lots of photos this time.
Guess I must be up to something!
It's very hot here so Quinn and I are spending much time in the basement.
First up-some stitching.


The first four Hash Tags at the halfway point.
They need framed by white.

The Hash Tag units left to do!
All 30 of them!
I have a lot of blue.

I decided I needed a leader and ender project and the 1 1/2" square bin was quite full so--
I dumped the lot into a larger bin!


I am currently making random 2 patches
 to eventually make a very scrappy postage stamp Quilt.
When I dumped the bin I found a lot of this:


Lots of already assembled 9 patches, 4 patches 
and 2 patches left from a mystery I began and didn't finish.
I really didn't get the whole thing.
Anyway, I also have these


So, I'm combining them in a "I think I like it this way" manner.
Izzie needs a quilt for her baby dolls I think.

In other things,
Yesterday, I did this.


The best loaves I've made in a long while.
This from my Grandmother's recipe using yeast.
Yeast is still difficult to obtain here so I ordered some online.
(I'd have done that sooner but the prices were out of line.)
I now have a good supply of both Active and Instant Yeast
in the refrigerator.

Speaking of the refrigerator--
(It you aren't the least bit interested in my organized frig you can just stop here!)


Everything neat, contained and labeled.
Chalk markers are amazing!
After tossing all the expired stuff.
This is one of those french door frigs with the freezer on the bottom.
It's really a bit big for the kitchen but I couldn't find anything smaller
without being tiny.
The Freezer is on the bottom
which I hate cause when you come in from the store you just toss everything in,
then you can't find anything.
The freezer is in two parts
the top


and the bottom


At the moment it's tidy-ish
And, Very full!
I intended to make Chicken Riggi's for freezing but there's no place to put it!
I'm considering a small upright freezer.
In the meantime I'll just have to use up what in there!




4 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely blue projects you made and have fun with those scraps....
You sure have a well stocked fridge and freezer..

Lin said...

Lots of blue going on there - your blocks are looking good. The bread looks delicious and great work on that fridge. xx

a good yarn said...

Gosh those hash tag blocks are effective and you've got lots of scrappy bits to work with there. Those loaves look so delicious. Slathered with butter and homemade jam. Or butter and fresh sliced tomato and a wee sprinkling of salt & pepper. That's one neat fridge. I have an upright freezer and most of the time I can't find stuff. That's why we call them UFOs - Unidentified Frozen Objects for Dinner Surprise! My curiosity is piqued - what's Chicken Riggi?

jude's page said...

Love your hashtag blocks, and the your fridge looks so organised and full!