Sunday, May 5, 2019

Oh Boy, I seem to have neglected this blog.

There's an understatement if I ever saw one!
I was away for several days in Nashville.
Helped Tanya choose and plant flowers in her front garden.
Sewed patches on a quilt for them.
Went to President James Polk's home, 
then had 100 layer donuts.
Somewhere between here and there the cover over the truck bed 
(that's UTE to you down under) split apart where it connects to the truck.
It was fine when I loaded up here but was when Rob unloaded there it was broken. 
we could barely get it over the bed and closed.
At the moment it is closed, but will need replacing before I head out for a long trip.
Since I've been home I haven't been making the trek up to the office,
In fact for one entire week I went neither up the stairs to the computer nor down the stairs to sew.
Just didn't want to.
It has rained and rained here.
We had the wettest winter in history and the rain has kept the ground saturated.
Many streams are running bank full and fast.
Interstate 29 north of St Joseph is still closed due to flooding.
Both the Missouri and the Mississippi are out of their channels.
It has dried out a bit now but storms are predicted for tonight and intermittently for the rest of the week.
Back to puddles in the yard!
I finally turned the heat off yesterday, 
 really hope the air conditioning can stay off awhile.

Yesterday, I moved all the plants out of the house.
Repotted some.
All the "Christmas" Cactus here.
Including a new one in Orange.
The other "houseplants" are out as well.
Potted up my container garden.

3 Cherry type tomatos,
2 peppers,
and a bush cucumber here.
Thyme and rosemary (if it survives, love the stuff but can't keep them alive.)
Sage, Basil, Oregano, Bunching onions,
Plus the sago palm from the house.

Still need to purchase some annuals for the front of the house
as well as the hosts garden.
Have to get a small fence for the hosta garden to keep Miss Quinn from laying behind the plants which damages them.
Today, I pulled some weeds and repotted the succulent garden.
As it had outgrown its container.
It is quite heavy, which could be a problem later on.


Then I potted up these Mimicry plants.
They like to be very dry.


Quinn and I have been taking walks again.
Finally found a way to track how far we go-I want to do 3 miles.
Today, we stopped off a small pond for a rest and watched the geese.
There are two pair of Canada geese on the pond and both have 4 goslings!
There are some rather large snapping turtles in the pond which would love to feed on the goslings-oh no!
Today, I saw two robins chase off a squirrel!
I'd never seen anything like robins dive bombing that squirrel.

No sewing to report but that might change after bit.
Tomorrow.
Is another day.
Housework and stuff.





2 comments:

Lin said...

You have been busy! We have just had what should be our last frost for this spring and I am itching to get outside and plant up my pots for the summer and we have tomato and pepper plants waiting to go in. xx

a good yarn said...

We could do with a bit of rain here. It's been terribly dry. I can grow thyme and rosemary but not lavender. The garden is settling down for the winter.