Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Rain

I think it rained all night last night.
I know it began with thunder and lightening before I went to bed,
Was still at it when I turned off the light.
And was storming again when I woke up.
The puddles are back in the yard.
I squish when I walk through the grass.
The grass grew inches overnight and can't be mowed due to said squishing.
I had to put the Quinn foiling pots out in the hosts garden.
Speaking of Quinn,
She's a muddy mess.
I'd give her a bath but more rain is on the way tonight and tomorrow.
Thankfully,
I am far enough away form rivers and streams to avoid any flooding.
My sump pump keeps the basement dry.
It's a good and in August we will all be wishing for rain.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Squishy backyards are never good. I bet Quinn doesn't mind the mud! We could really do with some rain but temps are too cold and the air very dry.