Friday, April 5, 2019

Why I hang finished quilt tops on the design wall.

I hang all my finished tops back on the design wall.
First, because it keeps them unwrinkled.  
They are big, 
I don't want to iron them again!

When it hangs there and I look at it for a few days,
this often happens

See that yellow sticky?
I made an oops!
I'd really rather fix it now than after I've begun pinning it,
or even worse quilting it!

The backing fabric is being washed today.
Tomorrow, I'll make it up.
Then when it is pressed and starched it will hang on the wall as well.
I'll fix the oops today!
Then on Sunday I'll sandwich it - oh my aching back!!
I will be so glad to have this one finished,
it seems to have taken FOREVER 
and to have had an excessive amount of unstitching!
Next week I'll begin Quilting,
once I've decided how to quilt it that is.
It's huge so it will take a while to quilt.

In other stitching,
I've been making up four-patches 
to use up my many leftover squares.
Yellow is finished,
Red will take a while longer.
I've pretty much given up on catching up with
Rainbow Scrap Challenge
(due to large blue and white quilt above)
but will work at just using stuff up anyway.
It's all good.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad you found the mistake now. . It's a lovely quilt