Sunday, April 7, 2019

Gardening?

Well, not quite yet.  The trees are turning green!  When I drive back and forth to the library I've noticed that first the bushes below the trees are just a bit green and now the trees are a haze of green!  Except for the weeping willow trees-always the first to leaf out they are green!  I often wonder how many people pay any attention to the seasons changing as they drive along.  I love to see the changes, the creatures along the way-keeps the drive from being boring.

Anyway, this happened today.  The plastic pots are cleaned-as well as they are ever cleaned at any rate. Still have the clay ones to do.  I am taking the clay ones to Nashville so that Rob and Tanya can take their pick.  I find the clay to be too heavy so I've been replacing with plastic as I find them.


My gardens are beginning to show signs of life!  The lilies in front are up, the hydrangea and the lavender both have new growth.  The Yarrow and the Tansy are getting taller and today I saw the first of the hostas are just through the ground.  I'm going to have to fix a couple of fences-one in front of the hosts garden and one in the back yard to keep Quinn off her now very muddy paths. No fun that.

It has finally gotten warm-back to back 70F days and warmer for next week.  We've had rain off and on for the past week but it's to be dry now for a few days which will be nice, no more squishing when walking across the lawn!


While inside, the cactus are still blooming!  They must really like the spot they are in!
This one begins very white with just a little pink and gets darker the longer it's open.
I like seeing blooms inside the house.  Some of the Succulents are getting too large for their containers-must shop for something better.  It's hard to find bigger without getting deeper and succulents don't need room for deep roots.

1 comment:

khangxuan said...

I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!khangxuan