Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Sirens


Earlier today I was in my second floor office
on the phone with the mail order pharmacy.
Not talking about that!
I hate that I am required to use one.
Anyway,
I'm on hold and the weather sirens start wailing!
I look out the window to see its blowing a gale.
Sirens don't go off on Tuesdays unless there's a weather event 
so I took phone and laptop and headed to the basement.
Turned on the TV for the weather guessers.
There where both severe thunderstorm and tornado WARNINGS!
Had to go back up stairs for a leash and Quinn as she refused to come.
(She does this every time there's a weather emergency!)
Soon everything was over so I went back up to the office.
When I came down later it was to discover this limb down in the back yard!


You can see (maybe) where it broke off.
Funny thing though
that's all that broke.
No plants upended,
no chairs turned over just that one branch.
The break is so far up the tree I may
need both the pole chain saw and the ladder.
Think it will stay the way it is until my middle son gets
home from vacation in 10 days!

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

lucky it was only a branch......

Janice said...

Phew! At least that was the only damage. I can’t imagine having weather sirens. We did get a twister go right along our road one year when we lived out of town. It tore out about 20 large trees in about a mile, following a ridge. The one at our gate had a diameter of about four feet, so it was some wind. Fortunately they are very rare here.