Saturday, January 11, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-Green



Once again I'm going to attempt to sew along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
Last year I began this hash tag quilt but only got 2 blocks made.
They are yellow.
This months color is bright and light green so I made these.
I have two more pieces to cut and then there will be 10 in total.


I'm also making four patches from this pile of 1 1/2 inch squares.
When they are gone, I Have a bag of 2 inchers and a bag of 2 1/2 inchers to use up.
Really trying to get things used up and gone.


I finished this patch quilt for Kolby yesterday.
It replaces the one I made when he was 2- now he's nearly 11!
We collect patches in our travels as they make easy to pack mementos,
 then I sew them onto our quilts.
I did manage to use the stitch regulator on Bella the Bernina to sew on the patches.
It was somewhat easier, as I did not have to twist the entire quilt around.
I'm not good at the stitch regulator but I've had the machine nearly 4 years
 and this is the first time I've used it.
I had to look up a youtube video for instructions.


I'm currently quilting these leftover blocks from the "fuzzy" quilt.
This one won't be bed sized.
If Brayden doesn't want it for a lap quilt then I'll probably donate it.


This is the beginning of Ryan's Christmas stocking.
The Nutcracker is made of candy pieces-although Ryan won't recognize them!
It has been going really well and I'm enjoying it.

I've been sewing a great deal since Christmas but I've been up to a few other things.

The house is naked.
All the Christmas decor is packed away again.
I've been working on my Family History.
Just getting more organized and documented is taking FOREVER!
I spent part of three days last week dealing with my knee.
It's the gift that keeps on giving.
Anyway, Doctor's offices, MRI's and blood work-all fun.  NOT!
Lastly, I've begun the process of moving the blog to Word Press.
I hope that will be done fairly quickly-I'll post a notices and link here when it's all set up and running.

Here's hoping I'm back to regular blogging soon!




2 comments:

cottonreelcaoers said...

Happy New Year Gail! Lots going in in your corner of the globe. Kolby is 11 - where does the time go? Your family looked very enjoyable and so nice to have (most of ) the family with you to share it. I'm thinking of following RSC this year using the Cat's Cradle blocks I started last year. It would also go a long way to use up fabric (not really - who am I kidding?). I've hit another family history road block and definitely need to start organising the material I have collected so far. Chin Up! Cherrio! Carry On!

Health is Wealth said...

Apna_Showroom Thick Rubber hair bands for women (Cottonwool ExtraSoft Bun Ponytail holder | 12 Piece Rubber Band Multicolorwith desent look
Apna_Showroom Thick Rubber hair bands for women (Cottonwool ExtraSoft Bun Ponytail holder | 12 Piece Rubber Band Multicolorwith desent look
Apna Showroom Plastic Tic-Tac Hair Clip for Women, 24 Pieces (Multicolour)
Apna Showroom fancy Tic tac 24 piece - hair pin clips for women girls - Quality 24 Piece with desent look
Apna Showroom fancy Tic tac 24 piece - hair pin clips for women girls - Quality 24 Piece with desent look
Designer Fancy Baby Socks 12-18 Months (Boys & Girls Apsw_babysocks_0001) Designer - Fancy - Attractive Apna Showroomwith desent Look
Apna Showroom Cotton Baby Socks for Baby Girls Boys (12-18 Months, 6 Pairs) - Designer - Fancy - Attractive