Saturday, January 25, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-2

I've been busy every day just sewing along.
I can't do much else at the moment as my knee requires RICE.
That's rest, ice, compression and elevation!

I'd finished the green hash tags so I got out the green strings
sewed them onto some paper. . .

And turned them into 24 of these.
I've been making these tumblers for a few years now,
like from 2016!
I noticed the tin I keep them in is nearly full,
BUT, 
there are no where near enough to make a quilt.

I was inspired by this quilt:
Closeup!

Which I saw in Golden, Colorado at a Quilt show back in 2015!


I also got out some log cabins which I began about the same time.
The ones I'm working on happen to be green.
I'm trying to make 5 every day so at the end of the week I have 35 more.
They only measure 6 inches so it will take A LOT to make a quilt

I really got into the spirit of getting out OLD stuff to work on!
This is the next to the last block of a First Saturday Club quilt from 2006!
I'm hand piecing it and I have no earthly idea why it hasn't been done before this!


I'm going to try to link over at So Scrappy!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I'm sorry that your knee is giving you such trouble and hope it's back to normal soon. I really like your tumbler blocks. Once you start working on Old Stuff it becomes New Stuff so it's not old stuff anymore. (Did that make any sense? I'm blaming the heat for any incoherent ramblings).