Sunday, July 14, 2019

Updates and finishes

I'll admit I haven't been accomplishing much lately.
My left knee has gone bone on bone 
and has a lovely Baker's cyst turning to rock as well.
I'm awaiting scheduling for a knee replacement-sometime next month.
Hard to believe but it is worse when I sit with it bent, 
some days I just have to sit on the couch with it up and read.
That said, 
I have done some things!


Updates first.
Above is the quilt which insists it will NOT be finished!
Three Quarters quilted.
Shooting for 100% by this time next week and completed by month's end.


The beginnings of a rag quilt.
All the squares are cut,
still need to cut some batting.
I'm pinning them all then I will sit down and stitch through the layers 
before I lay them out and sew them together.
No real goal for finishing here.
Soon.
Maybe.


Finish number one.
the table skirt for the small round table I made year before last.
I've hunted for ready-made ones,
They were all the wrong size.
I hunted fabric, even bought some green,
but in the end I went with blue as the quilt that will not be finished 
is destined for the bed next to it.
Got out my little cloth from Ireland.
Now to accessorize it.


Lastly,
I painted the hutch base,
 and put on new hardware.
(Sorry the photo is so terribly dark-I took 20 shots I think and this was the best of the lot!)
I'm not putting the top back on.
(No idea what I'll do with it.)
Eventually, I'll get a piece of marble for the top.
It will make a nice place to place food when the whole group is here.
It too needs accessorizing.
I'll get to it.


2 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I feel your pain and hope the surgery goes well.

a good yarn said...

That's quite a lot for someone who has done much. (chuckle). Bone-on-bone is not pleasant and your surgery should improve things. That's a lovely shade of blue on your credenza and a marble top is a great idea. The Irish piece is gorgeous.