Saturday, June 1, 2019

Back, I think


First off,
I finished the bathroom-almost.
The photo above shows it at it began.
The two photos below show it now.


Overall, I'm pleased with it.
I still need to add quarter-round trip to the trim on the floor.
That wants a trip to Lowes
Followed by painting, etc.

I'm having carpet installed on Tuesday,
So a great deal of time has been spent emptying out,  sorting and packing.
Some of it won't come back in 
and some will be in different places.
Still more of that to do.
All a part of the let's sell this place!

The rain has continued to pour down, day after day.
leaving us with 12.81(or maybe more) inches of rain in May.
The wettest May in recorded history.
In the last two big storms we've had tornados-close.
One in the open space by my daughters home, 
fortunately, no damage was done-I think they said it was an EF-0.
I'm not even sure it touched down there.
Then on Tuesday last there was and EF-4 on the ground for an hour and a half.
Heavily damaged the town of Linwood, Kansas.
They estimated a mile wide and 130 mph winds.
Long way from me.
At least in tornado terms.
We've had a couple of clear days now but it's storming again.
So tired of it.
Oh well, even though baling the grass seemed liked a possibility more than once I haven't had to water the plants.




2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Looks like you got all our rain as well as your own. The bathroom looks refreshed. Glad to learn that you and the family are safe from the tornados.

Janice said...

I’ve just been catching up on your blog. I can’t believe the rain you have had. We, on the other hand, are on water restrictions and some towns are having water trucked in, as their supplies are so low. Here’s hoping things start to dry out for you and you can progress with getting the work done on your house.