Tuesday, June 11, 2019


The carpet is in.
At last.


To put carpet in a house you are already living in
means that every piece of furniture
needs to be emptied,
moved
or prepared so that the carpet folks can move it.
Then when they finish,
you have to put it all back.

The emptying out seemed to take forever.
I tried to remove the things I've decided not to keep.
The old couch and chair I had in this room was
too big
and worn out.
It went to the dump.
This couch is the Ikea one I had in the basement.
I had to take it apart to get it upstairs.

I feel like I still have tons to do.
Some furniture didn't and isn't coming back into this room.
Two nearly empty bookcases
made a trip to the studio.




I love the way everything is neat 
and still close at hand.
I haven't been doing much in the studio.
I am quilting-quite slowly- the blue and white thing.
The fact that is was sewn on the diagonal means
 that quilting in the ditch has to be on the diagonal.
On the plus side of that
The rows get shorter!

You might remember these.
I have a growing collection of glass balls.
I absolutely adore them!
But. . .
the rod I was using to hang them on
was starting lot look like it might bend and then break!
Disaster!
The larger balls are quite heavy.

I received another one for Mother's Day 
A Rhombus.
So I began another window with it and the 
Morovian star I bought in Nashville.
These  are in my bedroom.


I won't be finished with the aftermath of carpet for a while yet
BUT. . . 
stitching will happen!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

. . . and moving all the furniture is the very reason we haven't replaced the carpet here.Gotta love a neat and tidy studio (with bonus Quinn in the pictures). Did the glass balls actually break or did you manage to save them? They are lovely.

Denice Barker said...

Once the mess is over it's so good to feel organized and perked up, though isn't it?

Janice said...

Slow and steady wins the race. You will get there. I love your glass balls.