Monday, March 4, 2019

I'm Back, sort of

I've been absent from this blog for what seems like forever.
This winter has hit me really hard.
It just seems like I can not get warn and stay that way!
The thing is, I have always liked winter.
On top of that my laptop decided that last week was the week 
it would decide that its life was over.
Sigh.
It had a good run, 
I bought it in 2011.
So off I went to the Apple Store to buy a new one.
Because I wanted to double the memory 
I had to order one online.
It came on Friday.
There's always a learning curve with new hardware.
I'm having issues restoring from the backup.
I've tried everything on Apple Support,
Chatted with someone last night
Did what they suggested
Still not working.
Next step is to make and appointment 
for help at the Apple Store.
Thing is all my photos are on that external
and all my Family Tree files as well.
Most of the rest of it I wouldn't worry about
I could replace or do without it.

Anyway,
not much sewing going on 
too cold in the studio.
If there was 
I wouldn't be able to add photos.
I've never been able to get them from my phone-
which is weird.
I'm not sure where camera photos go on this one,
or what the numbering  would be.
Enough grumbling from me.
I'll be back when I can get this whole mess worked out.



2 comments:

Janice said...

Grrr! Don't you hate technology. When it's good it's great, when it isn't it drives you nuts. Good luck getting it sorted.

a good yarn said...

New technology can be so frustrating. I’m due a new iPad but have taking to storing photos and family tree stuff on the Cloud. Most of the music on my phone has disappeared and I’m not sure where to. It’s been too hot to spend time in the sewing room (no aircon) and I’ve been exhausted after long hours at work. More fool me really. It’s raining today and cooler. Think I’ll potter about after morning coffee.