Monday, December 31, 2018

Saying Goodbye, Saying Hello


Two years ago tonight I spent my first night in this house.
So this is my second New Years here-I hope it will be my last.
I love the house but I've learned a lot about myself in the past two years.
I've learned I'm an introvert who interacts with people one on one but not in big groups.
I've learned that I'm a sensitive who reacts to the emotions that flood off other people.
I've learned that I have inattentive ADD (Boy did that explain SO much.)
Lastly, I've learned that at this point in my life I should not have a permanent address.
I spent 3 happy months in 2016 out and about in my trailer (Ceili)
and I am just not as happy in one place.
Sometimes, houses and other things can feel like chains.
I plan to break them this year.
Perhaps my word for 2019 will be "Change".
I like it!

I'm wishing all of you a wonderful 2019!
May you break the chains that hold you back,
Change whatever you need to change,
and be happy!

4 comments:

a good yarn said...

Happy New Year Gail! Discovering what feels right and how we want to live can take time. You’ve had some marvellous adventures in your Ceili and no doubt many more to come.

Maria said...

Happy New Year Gail and enjoy your new adventures this year.

Denice Barker said...

Wow! Big changes for you. I think it takes lots of bravery to make big changes so congratulations to you!

Janice said...

Wow! A year of adventure coming up. How exciting. Will you still have home base to return to? I’m sure you will still get lots of stitching done during your travels.