Saturday, December 29, 2018

Last RSC for 2018 and plans for next year


The top for my Scrappy Granny is complete,
at last.
Big sigh.
I lived with the layout for about three weeks!
Maybe it could be better but I like it.
Even the sashing is scrappy-it took FOUR different blues!
Today, I will make the backing and binding.
It won't be finished until 2019 though.
There's still too much going on!

So next year for RSC I have several quilts I'll make blocks for.
First up:
Hash Tag! 
A pattern I picked up at Missouri Star last year.
I'll be using 2 inch strips instead of 2 1/2 inch strips though.

My 2 1/2 inch strips (along with 1 1/2 inch strips) go into
 4-Patch Frenzy
Another Missouri Star pattern.
This one given me by a lovely lady from Canada.

For hand work:
Lucy Boston.
Not sure what size I'll make the blocks yet.

I will continue using up 2 1/2 inch squares by making 9 patches
with white.

I tried to get organized about the quilting for the upcoming year (S)!
I put every pattern into this binder.

 Inside I put the pattern inside a plastic sleeve,
then added a print out sheet of the steps required.

When I put this together I had 45 quilts I want to make!
I won't get them all done this year!

All the works in progress plus the NEXT up are in project boxes,
mostly ready for me to begin.
Unless they are for RSC and the box will hold the finished blocks.
As each project is completed I'll put another one in that box.
I plan to be gone in the trailer for a big part of 2019
and I want plenty of things to do!
I have 15 or so boxes so that should do it!



6 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks great- very bright and vibrant! and congrats on being so organized! it helps to know where we're going- makes it easier to actually get there! ha!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your RSC quilt top together before the end of the year! Nice work on getting organized for 2019. Wishing you quilty travels!!

scraphappy said...

45 quilts sounds like a bit much, even for very busy quilt year. Sounds like you’ve got everything organized and ready to go though. Love the patterns you’ve got picked put. They seem perfect for rainbow scraps.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Scrappy Granny is great! I have to live with layouts for awhile before I start sewing blocks together, too. Love your new year quilt ideas!

a good yarn said...

Your RSC 2018 looks terrific! My RSC2017 is still waiting to be sent off to the longarmer (a small matter around backing fabric). I like you planned projects but then I have a soft sport for Missouri Quilt Co.

Janice said...

I love the way your quilt has come together. I think it is great that the sashing are scrappy too. Have fun with your new projects. Once kitted up they should be great for taking on the road.