Saturday, November 24, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Grannies


My Scrap challenge blocks for this year.
I like them!
BUT. . .
They won't make a very large quilt.
I really like to make quilts that will fit a bed.
Even with borders and sashing(see below photo for that fabric) this won't be that large.
So, the question for me is. . .
Do I leave it alone (except for rearranging the blocks)
OR
do I dig into the scrap/strip drawers for
 pink, purple, red, yellow and orange and make more blocks?
What do you think?


For now these blocks will reside on my design wall.
UNTIL,
 I make up my mind.

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

There's nothing wrong with continuing this RSC project into the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It's been done many times before by many of our RSC friends. Good luck deciding what to do!

scraphappy said...

I always vote for more blocks. There will always be more scraps!

Mari said...

You could continue it into next year, or you could mix these up with some other blocks you have and expand the quilt that way. It wouldn't be all granny squares but it would be colorful and finished. Great blocks either way!

Annette Mandel said...

Does putting them on point help? Maybe with triple sashes and 9 patch cornerstones? A78mandel at yahoo dot com

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty! They will make a great rainbow quilt someday, whatever you decide to do with them!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great rainbow blocks! I like more blocks too. Sometime we do not need sashing. What ever you use it will be a good bright quilt.

Janice said...

Gee, they look good together. My suggestion is a bit out there - why not continue the quilt by doing the RSC next year and make another block each month?