Thursday, March 31, 2016

What I'm up to.

Normally,  I show you the progress I've made on Nora's stocking on Thursday's and I did make some progress but it's slow going right now as I have lots of blending filament to curse at (oops I mean work with.)  Besides, I left it in the studio and I'm too lazy to go down and get it.

I did get a notebook set up for the Splendid Sampler and for the 365Challenge Sampler.  I'm not sure about either of these projects.  The Splendid Sampler has a lot of embroidery and a lot of appliqué.  I can do needle turn appliqué but today's block has three gulls the largest of which is about 3 inches wing tip to wing tip and maybe 1/2 inch in width-I'm not that good.  The designer uses fusible and then stitches it down with the machine-I've tried that without much success. These are 6 inch blocks!  I made the decision to just not do the blocks I felt were beyond me.  I did work on prepping pieces for a block tonight.  The 365 Challenge is one block a day, some are 3 inch, some 6 inch and its says there are a few 12 inch blocks.  There are MANY little pieces in some of those blocks!  My biggest issue there is that I don't know what colors to use.  I had thought I'd do turquoise and brown so I could use it in Ceili but there really isn't enough variation in shading of turquoise to meet the plan.  So at this point I'm printing off the patterns, we'll see.

Otherwise, I had a luncheon today and then the afternoon working on Maps in the Mattes collection at the Trails Museum.  Had to quit a bit early as I needed a magnifying glass and couldn't find one-will need to take one of mine up next week.  I'm halfway through the second drawer, just identifying what is there.  I think I have 5 or 6 more drawers of that to do.  Then I'll sort-some of the folders contain materials that are not oversize so they will need integrating into the boxes.  After that's done, I'll input each piece into the computer followed by the code OS.  Maybe I'll finish that this year!
Tomorrow the truck has an appointment with the mechanic for routine stuff, after that I might go look at Berninas.  Who knows what mischief I'll get up to instead of doing what I'm supposed to do!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Teal and brown are a nice combination. I bought a charm square bundle in those colours and plan to make a quilt for Aussie Quilt Heroes using it. Just need to finish a couple of other projects first.