Sunday, December 27, 2015

SSCS and some Christmas

Finally the day arrived that I could open my package from Simone!  Inside I found this
Lovely table runner!  The photo doesn't do it justice but I tried several times and this was as good as it got!  The colors will be just right to put it in my bedroom on the chest of drawers.  I've been intending to make a runner for there-now I have this one!  Thank you Simone!

Christmas is a busy day!  I always make a blueberry coffeecake (actually blueberry buckle but we've always called it coffeecake) I think my children would complain if I didn't make it!  My big boy grandsons won't try it because they think it has coffee in it, I think that's very funny!  We also traditionally  have an sausage and egg casserole.  We eat brunch and open gifts at Beth's house-it's bigger and has three boys living there!  It's hard to drag them away from their toys so soon.  We had Scott, Bri and Ryan this year so we waited for them to drive up from Columbia to open gifts.  Then I came home to finish dinner.  This year we had our big Mexican feast which is a lot of work doing mostly small things, like chopping olives, that just take time.  Plus we had to set up the studio for eating and tote everything downstairs.  I don't know which is worse taking the studio down and replacing it or moving the living room furniture into the kitchen and the kitchen furniture into the living room-my house just isn't set up to feed 14 easily. (Or even 8 truth be told.)  My Dad and brother, Bobby, came as well as the children.  At 87 my Dad finds our noisy crew a bit much I think, but he loves getting to see the boys and Ryan made up with him.

Everyone went home and I went to bed!  Even Quinn was tired-she'd been with at least three other dogs all day running in and out and all about!  I was awake before she was and that doesn't happen often.

Today we celebrated Ryan's first birthday in Columbia.  He was actually born on Christmas, best present ever.

Tomorrow, I start "Un-time" and I have several things I want to do to be ready for 2016!

PS I consider the week between Christmas as "Un-time"  it doesn't feel like 2015 but isn't 2016 so it's Un-Time.

4 comments:

a good yarn said...

Ummm . . . I thought coffee cake had coffee in to too. Thought it was odd when I read recipe ingredients and there was never any coffee. Hey, I'm from Australia - you need to make allowances! It that cheeky little baby a year old now?! My how time has flown. He was definitely a Christmas blessing. Christmas is meant to be chaotic when family gets together. I guess that while no tornado action outside it probably looked like it on the inside! Having said that the recent storms have been terrible - so much damage and loss of life. The spirit of those interviewed was heartening as I struggle to imagine what it's like to lose loved ones and everything under such circumstances. The dreadful bushfires are a long way away and we have been fortunate that so far only property has been destroyed. Many of them are holiday homes as well. What a lovely swap gift to have received. I must get back into sewing and decluttering and re-organising and de-cluttering . . .

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lovely runner from Simone...and the wool bauble too...lovely SSCS gifts...

Simone Harding said...

I am so pleased you love the runner I made for you. I loved the colours so I was hoping you would too.

Chookyblue...... said...

it's a beautiful runner from Simone....glad you have a perfect spot for it........
thanks for being part of the SSCS and I hope you join in again..........