Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Parade Day!

For the first time in 30 years the Kansas City ROYALS have won the World Series! (That's baseball, Ann.)  The fireworks after Game 5 - won in extra innings, just like Game 1 - lit up the National Weather Service Radar!  Today there will be a Celebration Parade and Rally - Yes I'm going!  It may be crazy as several hundred thousand people are supposed to attend but I wouldn't miss it for anything!  It's become a Parade Day-like a Snow Day- No School in most of the districts in the area.  I stood in line for an hour to buy T-shirts and other World Series gear yesterday- it was like Christmas only without grumpy other shoppers!  For photos and articles on the Series, Video of the last out and today's parade go to MLB.Com.  Gotta go get ready, I'm so hyped!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I love baseball Gail! I dream of one day attending a game, sitting in the bleachers and eating a hot dog. Cheering along with the rest of the crowd. Have fun at the parade and a big congrats to the Kansas City Royals!