Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Life goes on!


Spring comes even when you are a hermit!
Lilies are up in the front garden.
Now if it would only quit raining that would be grand.
Quinn its a muddy mess.
So in need of a bath
So utterly fruitless as long as it is raining.

I moved my laptop with it's attendant mess to my living room.
No one is going to see my house,
except in photos for the near future so it doesn't need to be tidy.
I find it much easier to use in this location.
Why it's so difficult to go upstairs is beyond me,
I often think of something I'd like to blog about but I don't go up and do it!
This table is used only infrequently for games and puzzles anyway. 


While I was moving things down I could not find these:


The three external hard drives I use to store photos,
Family History files,
and to back up the computer.
I hunted everywhere-more than once!
I knew I'd had them ready to pack for San Diego,
 then reconsidered knowing I'd not use them.
I was sure I had put them somewhere "Safe."
I was also sure they were in the house somewhere.
As I was getting ready to go to bed I remembered that I had actually put them
 IN THE SAFE! 
Carefully inside a baggie so they wouldn't get wet.
Just in case.
I just had to laugh.

 I did finally get the Teal hashtag blocks finished.


As well as the big blocks in teal.

Still working on four patches, but I'm getting bored.

I have made it past two weeks from flying 
and nine days since I had any in person contact.
I am cautiously optimistic that I will remain well.
At least until I HAVE to buy food.
All my children and grandchildren are well.
I am so incredibly grateful for that.

It is so quiet now.
We are under "Stay Home" orders until April 24th, at least.
There is very little automobile traffic,
much to Quinn's dismay
She likes to run between sides of the house to bark at cars.
I heard a plane the other day and wondered what it was!
The trains are still running though.
My grandchildren are all at home 
(well Isabel's day care may still be open)
Nora is in her second week, 
Brayden, Kolby, and Ethan their first, as they had Spring Break last week.
All doing the e-education thing.
Ryan is home with Daddy who has worked out a schedule 
of doing things to keep them sane.
Isabel will be joining them soon I think.
With the exception of Bri (she's an elected official)
All the adult children are working from home.

Tomorrow, I'll be back!
And not talking about COVID-19!




No comments: