Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Oatmeal on a snowy morning. . .


Is a lovely thing.
Warm.
Tasty.
Filling.
Bringing memories.

I generally have scrambled eggs for breakfast about 11am.
(I should call it brunch!)
Today,
it's snowing, again.  
Wet stuff that sticks to everything.
Creating a fairyland of frosty icing.
I was hungry at 8, 
and I made oatmeal.
Some of my children will no longer eat oatmeal as my Mother, God love her,
Used the quick cooking stuff but cooked it like old-fashioned which turned it into, according to the children, wallpaper paste!
I don't remember it being that bad but I was a kid and didn't know any different.
Also, she always had buttered toast to go with.
I use the old-fashioned stuff and cook it like directed on the package.
I add raisins-which I love-
brown sugar,
butter 
and cinnamon.
Just a lovely thing on a snowy morning.


2 comments:

Denice Barker said...

My husband has oatmeal every morning - with cinnamon and blueberries!

a good yarn said...

Porridge is a winter favourite here. My mother always cooked “proper oats” and served them with milk, cream and brown sugar. Two weeks ago we had a 47degC day. Last weekend it was strong, gusting winds and heavy rain. . . and water in the house.