Saturday, October 13, 2018

Another Finish!


I'm on a roll this year finishing up quilts.
I actually finished this Rail Fence
Week before last.
We've had SO much rain 10" in four days!
Then 1" more a couple of days later.
(None of this had anything to do with a hurricane!)
At any rate I couldn't get outside for a decent photo
as the back yard resembled a pond.
It's lucky I did it while there was a short blip of sunshine
as it's been mostly cloudy and cool.
All that rain 
and the temperature plummeted!
Went from Air conditioning to heat almost overnight.
Gotta love the weather in Missouri 
Where it's too far north for mild winters
 and too far south for mild summers.
I mostly hate it!
I've always said it was too bad the weather was so bad
as it's such a pretty place.

Back to the Quilt.
I tried something new on this one
Used fleece as both batting and backing.
Only one layer.
It's quite light and very warm.
(And oh so much less expensive.)
I'll be doing more of that.
I liked it.

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

That’s a striking quilt and I’m interested in that fleece backing. Great idea. That’s certainly some wacky weather you’ve been having there. We’ve had some rain at last but the drought-stricken farmers aren’t getting what they need. Although we had some nice “spring” days a couple of weeks back, it’s been cold again. I’m not complaining mind. Don’t like heat or humidity.

Janice said...

Looking good. It sounds like it will be snuggly without too much bulk.