Saturday, August 25, 2018

Catch up!


Finished this table runner last week, 
Just couldn't manage a photo!
 Rain, camera battery and just plain forgetfulness all to blame.

I've been working, long hours every day, on Nora's Stocking.
I got such a lift finishing the big black and gold quilt
 that I decided I'd finish it this month.
I think I'm going to make it!
Only a bit more finishing up on the bulk of the sock,
Her name
and assembling into a Christmas stocking.

In other areas,
I've spent hours working on sorting out all the "Hickam" stuff!
I got quite a bit off Ancestry
and Family Search.
Now I'm checking, fixing mistakes as I find them,
 deleting, merging and printing out clean copies.
I have one family that's giving me fits!
Will go back to them next week.
Soon it will be onto the Weddles (my Grandmother Hickam).
It will take longer!

We've had rain, though not enough to end the drought.
Cooler weather for a few days (once I even put on a sweater!)
But, the heat and humidity came back!
Now we are under a heat advisory, so must stay inside.
Only a few more weeks of horrid heat.
I hope!


2 comments:

a good yarn said...

It’s a good feeling to make a dent in projects. I just haven’t had any enthusiasm for sewing but have been cooking instead. I guess it doesn’t matter so long as something is being made. I share your frustration with family trees. I’ve come to two dead ends of the branches that started the quest in the first place. I have found, to my surprise, a possible American relative who appears to have travelled to the UK and married a local lad. Our drought continues and is especially bad for our farming families. We’ve had a few drops here and there. Only enough to settle the dust really.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful table runner.