Saturday, July 3, 2010

Garden Saturday

I promised updates, haven't much to show on cross-stitch none on quilting. That's because I've been working on the second wall in my front garden! So far I've put in 50 castle bricks, 10 more and I have to go buy more! This has moved along really well, I should have it finished in a day or two then I can start on the third wall. There is just so much slope to the garden that it's time to get it more level, then I'll add more hostas, coral bells etc to fill it in. I plan to edge the gardens in front with the castle topper making a visual separation from garden to lawn. It will also be easier to mow. I plan to add a birdbath as well.

On the other side of the walkway I plan to edge as larger garden than I have right now and put in ground cover roses. That's the July garden projects--walls, edging and plantings.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Reynolds Rap said...

I really like the looks of this. You have done a great job. I can't wait to see the finished product.

a good yarn said...

I have always liked that garden edging. You are making terrific progress. Ann :-)