Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cutting and stuff


The past couple of days have been spent at my cutting table in the extra bedroom as there just isn't room in my sewing room. I'm having a carpal tunnel release on my right wrist on Tuesday and not knowing just how long it may be before I can push on a rotary cutter has me cutting several projects. The fabric on the table is for gift bags for the coming Christmas. I am changing things up a bit there. The stockings will still be hung--not by the chimney as I haven't one upstairs--but not filled. I got frustrated this past year by the whole stockings and gifts under the tree thing. The children especially like the stocking gifts (I spend a lot of thought etc on them) so I'm expanding on that idea and putting all their gifts into a large gift bag. I can get larger and more things that way, more fun all around. I also cut the fabric for my Irish chain bed quilt, fabric for a bedskirt, some flannel backs for the rag quilt and some burp rags. After dinner I will cut more shirts up for the memory quilt. I finished cutting denim last week so I should be pretty well set! I figure I'll be able to push fabric through the machine after a few days. This wrist will be more trying for me as I am totally right handed! As Rob says my left hand is stupid! Wish me luck.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Wowee! That rotary cutter of yours has had a really good workout! I hope Tuesday's procedure brings you some relief once healed. It's going to enjoyable seeing all the projects as they progress. Happy Stitching,
Ann :-)

Andrea said...

Good luck for Tuesday - hope it will do the trick xxx